Thursday, May 31, 2012

New Release - Night's Salvation, A Ravenwood Novel


Well, I have just answered all the questions in my "be my guest' section of my website and Lord, I had no idea how tough some of those questions could be.  Night's Salvation, A Ravenwood Novel has now been released and is available from several different spots.  I decided to go ahead and promote it this way.  ENJOY!!!
1) What genre do you write and why? I write Historical Romance for the most part. My recent release is in that genre. I write historical books because I am a history buff and love all kinds of history.
2) If romance, what subgenres do you write in? Why? Historical, Time-Travel, and Contemporary though I am trying to branch out and I am now dabbling in the paranormal. I love romance, and that’s why I write romance, though I have different reasons for each sub-genre. Historical – I love all history, and I believe it is rich in romance. Time-Travel – Who doesn’t like a good time-travel book, and adding romance to it only makes it better. Contemporary – I love the issues you can put into a contemporary book without the need for causing taboo reactions to things. Paranormal - well what can one say about ghosts and vampire and werewolves that hasn’t already been said at least once.
3) Are you aware of any themes that run through your stories? If so, what are they? Themes are a relative thing, in historicals it would be anything, in mine it is love, honor and madness. Some historicals, one of mine (later in the Ravenwood series), would be a theme of war. I have a story that will soon be released in an Anthology and the theme in it would be Pirates.
4) What would you like readers to take away from your stories? I would like my readers to take a sense of ‘true love does exist’ from my stories. After all, what is a world without love?
5) What inspires your stories? My stories are inspired by my dreams. Night and Satine were born in my dreams one night and their love story expanded over time. I still dream of the Ravenwood family and that is what feeds my pages for the subsequent Ravenwood books.
6) Will you be attending any book or writing conferences this year? If yes, which ones? Where and when? Unfortunately, I have no plans of going to any conferences this year. I hope to one day be able to make trips like that, but for now, my readers can catch up with me on my blog.
7) Do you have any book signings or author appearances coming soon? If yes, where and when? My book was just released, and as of right now, it is only an e-book. Unfortunately, it’s too difficult to sign an e-book for a reader. My publisher is in the process of working out a plan to bring all the books the publish to print as well, and when I have a concrete date as to when Night’s Salvation will come available in print, I will be sure to let everyone know.
 What is your writing schedule like? Sporadic at best. I try to write something every day, but it doesn’t always happen that way. Sometimes I get hit with life and that of course comes first. As a mother of 5 and a wife that is a stay at home mom, I have to snatch my writing time when I can. I do have to say that my husband, God love him, can be so understanding at times, that he takes the kids for a day with dad so I can write.
9) Do you have any other passions besides writing? If yes, what are they? Why? My family is my main passion. Other than that would be reading, cooking and baking. I decorate cakes, though it isn’t a job. I took a Wilton cake decorating class with a friend and have since done a few cakes for other people.
10) What is your best memory? My best memory would be of the day I married my soul mate, Danny. When we were saying our vows, the preacher asked all the normal things, and when he got to the Love, Honor and Obey part, he did them separately. When he got to Obey, I almost smacked my husband for the grin he had spreading across his face. I’m one of those fiercely independent females who doesn’t believe that a wife should blindly obey their husband. I thought for sure Danny was going to die laughing during the recitation of our vows.
11) What is your favorite comfort food? My favorite comfort food would be pizza, more specifically, a Pizza Hut Meat Lover’s Pan Pizza with light sauce and extra extra cheese. Yeah, nothing better than that.
12) What relaxes you? A long hot bubble bath with a good book.
13) What is your favorite guilty pleasure? My favorite guilty pleasure is a box of Pepperidge Farms Pretzel Thins. They are a little pricey, but addictive, love them.
14) What decade has been your favorite? Why? I’m not certain I have a favorite decade, I’m an allover history buff and I love bits and pieces of all decades. I write most often in the 18th century though.
15) What is your favorite way to promote your work? Word of mouth is what I like best. I love hearing it when I get an email from someone telling me that a friend of them suggested my book to them and they loved it. I blog as often as I can, and I constantly update my Facebook.
16) Where is your favorite place to write? Why? I don’t really have a favorite place to write. I like to be comfortable and I write best when it is just me, my computer and the radio playing.
17) What is your favorite fairy tale? Why? I think my favorite fairy tale would be Cinderella, she over comes so much adversity to finally get her Prince. She is a true model for young women everywhere.
1 What was your favorite vacation? My favorite vacation would be any summer I spent with my maternal grandparents. They were very special people, and I miss them very much.
19) If you had another career, what was it? I didn’t have a career so to speak, unless of course you count the “domestic goddess” career, in which case, I’m still doing that gig.
20) If you didn’t write, what would you do instead? I can’t imagine NOT writing, but to that point, I am currently in college, studying to be a Teacher, so in a way, I will be writing no matter what I do.
21) If you could have one wish, what would it be? That there would never be another child who was hungry, hurting or scared about what their future held in the entire world.
22) If you could describe yourself in only one word, what would it be? Strong
23) Are you a cat or dog person? Do you have any pets and if so, please tell us about them. Lord, I am now both a cat and a dog person. I received a Shi-Tzu for Christmas last year, her name is Wicket (after a beloved character in Star Wars). I have several cats, some outside and some that go inside and outside. They would be Mr. Oreo, Milo, Dot, Ms. Oreo (Mr. Oreo’s mom) Cameo, Jacoby, Kobi and Mia. I also have Fluffy who is strictly an outside dog. And then we have Dash the wonder ferret. Dash is getting up in years, and unfortunately has an inoperable tumor, so every day we have with him is a gift indeed. My daughter’s each have a horse as well…Teegee and Zoe.
24) What is the one thing you most want to do that you haven’t yet? Travel to Greece and to Scotland.
25) When the zombies take over, what will you do? Stand behind my most capable son’s and watch them kill Zombie’s left, right and sideways.
26) Vampire or werewolf? Why? Team Switzerland. I mean who can pick from one or the other, really they have different attractive characteristics that make them both something I could deal well with.
27) Please tell us about your most recent release and where we can purchase it. My new release is Night’s Salvation, A Ravenwood Novel. It’s a historical romance set in 1740’s England. Night Ravenwood is the reluctant hero and Satine his heroine. Love blossoms in adversity and become strong. You can buy my book at the follow places.
Sapphire Blue Publishing - http/www.sapphirebluepublishing.com/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=84&osCsid=8354f1fe815bf6887916e8d3c1c756aa
Amazon - http/www.amazon.com/Ravenwood-Nights-Salvation-ebook/dp/B005DHYH9A/ref=sr_
Barnes and Nobel - http/www.barnesandnoble.com/s/laurie-sorensen?store=book
All Romance E-books - http/www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html
2 Please give us your urls and your publisher’s url.    My website is www.lauriesorensen.com  and my publisher’s website iswww.sapphirebluepublishing.com  
29) Is there anything else you’d like to share with your readers? Please do so here.  I have a book listed on a website called – www.textnovel.com. The book is currently listed in an unedited version, and I am in the process of editing it for submission. In order to read the book, you have to become a member of the site. They don’t spam you, and indeed don’t even email you unless you wish to follow certain books on the site. Even then, it would only be when a story you want to follow would have been added too. The story on Textnovel is “The Bride’s Journey” and it is under the same pen name. Please be aware that the story is being done off the cuff, and is currently in an unedited state.

No comments: