Thursday, May 31, 2012

Author Interview with TK Turner with excerpt


Introducing TK Turner, a talented wonderful author of epic talent. Please note that the excerpt within this blog is not for the faint of heart, and is for mature audiences. Adult content is present and if it isn't something you want to read then I ask that you please exit the blog now. TK Turner is kind enough to be my first interview and givaway participant. Yes, that's right, she is giving away 2, count them, 2 copies of "Her Temptress", her most recent release through Sapphire Blue Publishing. What do you need to do to qualify for one of these books? Oh I just knew you would ask. You simply leave a comment here on this blog, or even visit her blog and leave one there. The winners will be chosen at random from a counter. TK was gracious enough to give me an enticing excerpt for my readers to get a taste of her writing. ENJOY!

Here is her lovely book cover: Her Temptress

Contact Information
Name/Pen Name: TK Turner
Contact Email: tkturner.writer@gmail.com
Book You are Promoting: "Her Temptress"
Excerpt

“Undress.” The velvet-softness in her voice had evaporated.
Driven by an unstoppable force, Meredith stood and obeyed, shedding her corduroy pants and granny-panties to the floor. She slithered back on the desk and stared up in dazed awe at the sleek brown shape in front of her. At that moment, she would’ve done anything The Panther asked her to.
The Panther slapped the vibrator into her palm. Glittering catlike eyes pierced Meredith through the darkness. “Spread your legs.”
The heat in her face told Meredith she was blushing but still she obeyed, parting her legs wide for The Panther to see. She panted in helpless expectation, her eyes fixed on the throbbing tool. Intense waves of expectant pleasure rocked through her, and she whimpered, pleading with arching hips for The Panther to enter her.
“You have a beautiful cunt.”
Meredith whimpered again, powerless.
“I’m going to fuck you now. Are you ready?” The way The Panther said “fuck” roused a primal cry from deep inside Meredith. She threw back her head, gasping for breath. Oh god, yes! Fuck me, she pleaded. Silently.
“Say it out loud,” The Panther commanded.
Meredith blushed. Her lips trembled. She didn't know if she could really say it. “S-Say what?”
“Tell me how much you want to be fucked.”
Another cry escaped from her throat and Meredith twisted her face toward the window. She couldn't bear to say it and look at The Panther at the same time. “I…want you to…fuck me,” she whispered, barely breathing.
“Like you mean it, Mrs. Hartman. Or I won’t do it.”
Interview
1) What genre do you write and why?
A: I write speculative fiction (horror, sci-fi, fantasy) as well as erotica. When I'm in the mood, I also write political poetry. I try to mix it up, though, because I have the attention span of a goldfish, haha! I get bored just writing in one genre.
2) If romance, what subgenres do you write in? Why?
A: Believe it or not, I HATE the romance genre. I really do. I'm a total tomboy. Some of the books in the genre are just way too mushy for me. I think I was the only person laughing hysterically during the final scene from the movie "Titanic." So when I do read a romance novel, I usually just skip straight to the sex scenes…which is what most of us are hoping for when we read romance novels, no? When I write a romance story, it's a "bizarre" sort of love story. Think along the lines of the movie "Amelie" with Audrey Tautou or "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." There's always a surreal element to my romance stories. Otherwise, I try to stay clear of it and just write erotica.
3) What would you like readers to take away from your stories?
A: I want my readers to scratch their heads and THINK when they put my book down. I don't just write to "entertain the masses." There's always a message. I have a lot of political subtext going on in a lot of my stories--be it religion, ethnic/multicultural issues, GLBTQI issues, or feminism. It's who I am, so naturally, that's what I'm going to write about. Growing up, there weren't a lot of books catering to my demographic--that of a gay, non-white, female. So I write stories for demographics many publishers overlook.
4) What inspires your stories?
A: I have an overactive and warped imagination…so I've been writing stories since pre-school. I once came up with a horribly dirty idea for an erotic flash story while watching the Food Network channel, for instance. It was some bakery competition with wedding cakes. The buttercream icing made me think of semen (don't ask me why!) so I wrote this ridiculously funny story about a pastry chef with a buttercream icing fetish, haha! What blew me away was that it actually got published, hahaha! So I think it's safe to say I find inspiration just about anywhere.
5) Do you have any other passions besides writing? If yes, what are they? Why?
A: I am passionate about psychology and human behavior. Humans are a fascinating study, I love analyzing people. I'm currently pursuing my bachelors degree in psychology and I hope to move on to clinical work when I go to graduate school. I'm also crazy about anime, comic books, and body modification (tattoos, piercings, etc.)
6) What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
A: My favorite guilty pleasure? Hmm…good question! Food. Definitely food. When I was a small girl, I used to eat sticks of butter like they were carrots! Haha! I don't do that anymore for obvious reasons, but I love buttery foods. Yum yum yum!
7) Where is your favorite place to write? Why?
A: I like to write in libraries, coffee shops, and outdoor parks. I can people-watch while I write, which sometimes inspires my characters. If you've never read or written in public, I highly recommend it!
 What is your favorite fairy tale? Why?
A: I love fairy tales. I used to devour them as a child. I don't know if I can pick a favorite story, but I will share one that has always "haunted" me. It's from the Brothers Grimm's fairytales and it is titled: "The Robber Bridegroom." It's a sick and twisted story about a woman who is engaged to a murderer. When he asks her to visit him in the woods, she is frightened, but complies. Along the way, an old woman warns her that her bridegroom is a cannibal who murders young women in his house every night. She and the old woman work out a plan to escape, but before they do, the bridegroom shows up with a young maiden and chops her to pieces with the help of his hungry buddies. After butchering this poor girl, they sprinkle salt over the chunks of flesh and eat her. The bride-to-be escapes, and on her wedding day recounts the horrible event by brandishing a severed body part as proof of her husband's crimes. The bridegroom is imprisoned and everybody lives happily ever after. But what always struck me was the gore, the thought of being chopped to pieces, bit by bit, and then eaten alive! Keep in mind I was maybe 6yrs old when I first read this story. I had nightmares for weeks! But it is one of my favorite fairy tales now.
9) If you could describe yourself in only one word, what would it be?
A: Eccentric, haha!
10) Please tell us about your most recent release and where we can purchase it.
A: My most recent release is a short erotic piece titled: "Her Temptress" and it can be bought at Sapphire Blue Publishing. It’s a lesbian erotica of sorts, but mostly it’s about a middle-aged woman finding her inner strength. You can check it out at this link: http/www.sapphirebluepublishing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=103&osCsid=1e7f6137c74310083c6dfebe469040eb
I probably babbled too much, but thanks for interviewing me, Laurie! I had a lot of fun doing this and I hope to see some of you on my blog at: http/thevegetariancannibal.blogspot.com/Giveaway
When I get my free copies, I plan to have a to do a giveaway.

© Laurie Sorensen

No comments: