Hello! Thanks for your interest in guest blogging at http://
Here is some information you’ll need:
sorensenshorts.blogspot.com/. I would love to begin hosting other authors who have something to share.
At the bottom, there is a form for you to fill out so I know who you are and why you want to be here.
Please fill it out, then rename the MS Word file your name (example: lauriesorensen.doc). That will help me keep things organized.
Please return all of this ASAP, and at least two weeks ahead of the date you’d like to appear on my blog.
1. Follow the directions. I am not able to go looking around the world wide web for your information. With my current deadlines and writing schedules, I just don’t have the time.
2. Give me the URL for any photos you’d like included. I don’t have the space on my server to host large images. Instructions can be found below on how to find an image URL.
3. Offer swag if you can. Just a free copy or download of one of your books is great. (Unpublished authors are not expected to offer swag.)
4. Copy, fill out this form completely and return it to me as an MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks ahead of the date you would like to appear.
Date you would like to appear (if no date is specified, I will assign one to you):
Contact Email (not to be given out, just for me):
Book You are Promoting:
Buy Link (either to your author site or online places like Amazon):
URL for cover: (right click on the pic, then go to properties. It will have a URL, copy and paste that here)
You have the choice of writing an article, a character interview, or excerpt.
Articles and Interviews MUST be new. I will not repost something that has already been posted on another author’s website. For the article, gear it toward readers, not other authors.
The interview can be yours or a character of yours. For your interview questions, scroll down. You are responsible for interviewing your own characters. See an example done by Melissa Schroeder here: http://www.melissaschroeder.net/2010/03/12/character-interview-wade-and-marc/
What do you plan to do (article, interview, excerpt)-
Cut and paste it here (Be sure to proofread it. I am a writer, not an editor):
What are you offering for swag (giveaway):
Would you rather have people comment or answer a certain question to get their name in the hat for the prize?:
When you are done filling this out, send it to me at email@example.com.
I’ll confirm receipt when I get it, so if you don’t hear from me within 72 hours, please contact me.
You are more than welcome and encouraged to show up on your guest blog/interview day to chat with readers.
I will give them until 8 a.m. Eastern on the following day to post for a chance to win.
I will draw a name, announce it on the blog, then send the contact info to you.
It is your responsibility to contact the reader and get the prize to them.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask,
Special thanks to a wonderful colleague of mine from Sapphire Blue Publishing Lisa Peitsch at http://www.LisaPeitsch.com
Special thanks to the lovely and talented Melissa Schroeder for showing my colleague Lisa just how to do guest blogs properly, and to Lisa for allowing me to use this information.
If you’re an author and would like to be interviewed by me on this blog, please fill out the questions below and return them to me via email at:
Author interviews and/or guest blogs will be posted on Tuesdays or Thursdays at http://
Please send your answers or guest blog to me no later than two weeks prior to the date you require so I have time to post it. I will not post interviews/guest blogs on the same day you send them. Reason being that I am not always available online to check for messages sent. I do not want to have any issues with anyone concerning this free advertising opportunity. I would appreciate the time to get it posted. It is all about deadlines.
If you’re promoting a specific book, please include the blurb, short excerpt, cover, and purchase link for the book in your interview (all in one document, please).
Author interview questions:
1) What genre do you write and why?
2) If romance, what subgenres do you write in? Why?
3) Are you aware of any themes that run through your stories? If so, what are they?
4) What would you like readers to take away from your stories?
5) What inspires your stories?
6) Will you be attending any book or writing conferences this year? If yes, which
ones? Where and when?
7) Do you have any book signings or author appearances coming soon? If yes, where and when?
8) What is your writing schedule like?
9) Do you have any other passions besides writing? If yes, what are they? Why?
10) What is your best memory?
11) What is your favorite comfort food?
12) What relaxes you?
13) What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
14) What decade has been your favorite? Why?
15) What is your favorite way to promote your work?
16) Where is your favorite place to write? Why?
17) What is your favorite fairy tale? Why?
18) What was your favorite vacation?
19) If you had another career, what was it?
20) If you didn’t write, what would you do instead?
21) If you could have one wish, what would it be?
22) If you could describe yourself in only one word, what would it be?
23) Are you a cat or dog person? Do you have any pets and if so, please tell us about them.
24) What is the one thing you most want to do that you haven’t yet?
25) When the zombies take over, what will you do?
26) Vampire or werewolf? Why?
27) Please tell us about your most recent release and where we can purchase it.
28) Please give us your urls and your publisher’s url.
29) Is there anything else you’d like to share with your readers? Please do so here.
If there are any questions you don’t wish to answer, please ignore them.
I look forward to working with you.